Anderson Animal Shelter is seeking a certified veterinary technician to join our mission-driven clinic team. Our Certified Veterinary Technician provides critical support to our Shelter Veterinarian and our veterinary clinic team in a collaborative, flexible environment providing high quality healthcare to our companion animals and exceptional service to our clients.
Job Type: Full-time, hourly ($35,000 – $36,000 based on a 40-hr work week) with benefits
Reports to: Medical Clinic Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with initial evaluation of animal and recording of vitals.
· Ensure proper and safe handling/restraint of patients with skill, care and compassion while being attentive to their needs.
· Administer SQ/IM/IV injections and perform blood draws.
· Administer veni-puncture, IV and catheter placements.
· Administer nebulizer and feeding tube treatments.
· Sample collection, suture removal, wound care and dressing changes, nail trims, gland expression as necessary.
· Recover animals from surgery.
· Surgical assist when needed.
· Accurately chart care into medical records and database on a timely basis.
· Clean, disinfect, wrap and autoclave surgical instruments.
· Collaborate with medical and non-medical staff to increase clinic efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
· Calculate drug dosages, prep and administer medications and vaccines according to Clinic protocol.
· Effectively communicate appropriate and pertinent medical information based on audience: doctors, shelter staff or management, clients
· Assist with and perform various tasks delegated by Shelter Veterinarian or Medical Clinic Director.
· Weekend, weeknight and some holiday shifts may be required.
Qualified candidate requirements:
· Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) designation required.
· Certified Euthanasia Technician credentials in state of Illinois required.
· Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and heavier with assistance.
· Ability to lift, bend, stoop and push on repetitive basis when needed.
· Paid time off
· 3 options of BCBS medical insurance
· Dental insurance
· 401(k) retirement plan
· Continuing professional education
· Support by a shelter leadership team that genuinely cares about its staff!
All volunteers and staff of Anderson Animal Shelter must understand and accept that, even though all reasonable accommodations are made to support the physical and emotional health of our shelter animals, there are situations in which animals must be euthanized.
Forward your resume to email@example.com with the email subject heading: CERT VET TECH