Our veterinary practice in the West Valley has an immediate need for a talented, energetic and positive Licensed Veterinary Technician to our growing team! Candidate must be a meticulous, outgoing team player who is great at multitasking.
The primary function of the veterinary technician is assisting the veterinarian in providing medical care and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
– Perform treatments and administer medication as directed by the veterinarian
– Perform laboratory tests and take radiographs
– Anesthetize animals and monitor anesthesia under the direction and supervision of the veterinarians
– Assist receptionists with triage and incoming patients
– Do “pre-exams” on incoming patients and gather brief medical histories
– Communicate with clients/owners about the status of patients as directed by the veterinarian
– Participate in client education on the health of their pets
– Fill prescriptions
– Participate in all staff and technician/assistant mandatory meetings
– Participate in the review process for support staff as requested
– Exceptional patient and customer service a must.
– Must have excellent interpersonal relationship skills in dealing with peers, superiors, customers and Veterinarians.
– Must exhibit professionalism in behavior and performance at all times
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
***Must be currently certified in AZ. Must be proficient in ImproMed Software. ***