Are you compassionate about animals and have a desire to speak for those who cannot? For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare. If you work well with people too, join our team and help us provide that voice. We are currently looking for as a part-time Veterinarian (20hours/week) to join our compassionate, enthusiastic team.
• Perform surgical procedures on a daily basis including HQHV spay/neuter, dentistry, and various soft tissue and orthopedic procedures. Procedures performed at shelters and on League’s mobile units.
• Perform veterinarian medical functions including examination and treatment of shelter animals, and perform necropsies as needed.
• Perform euthanasia and other related tasks.
• Work with cruelty investigations staff for evaluation, documentation and testimony about the condition of animals involved in investigation cases.
• Consult and provide assistance to patrons and external veterinarians regarding animals at or adopted from the League.
• Direct the work of technicians and assistants.
• Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
• Manage and maintain accurate medical records.
The Dumb Friends League is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Doctoral degree in veterinary medicine
• Current Colorado veterinary license with clean practice record
• 2+ years’ experience as a veterinarian in a full service, high surgical volume environment
• Demonstrated excellent surgical skills
• A strong desire to make a difference in the animal welfare industry