Established veterinary clinic is seeking a lasting relationship with a top quality Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) or experienced Veterinary Assistant working towards their RVT. We are a privately owned clinic staffed with three veterinarians. We offer comprehensive veterinary care including wellness and preventative health care, surgery, dentistry, digital x-ray and in-house laboratory.
We are a clinic that really focuses on working together as a team in the joint effort of caring for the pets seen here. The doctors and staff foster an environment that encourages “hands on” learning, as appropriate. Our clinic sees many avian and exotics, as well as, dogs and cats.
The pace is generally moderate, but we get very busy at times. Practicing quality medicine, offering excellent customer service, and having a great time while we work are the fundamental concepts behind our hospital philosophy.
Candidates must have previous veterinary experience, including but not limited to, checking in rooms, drawing blood, giving injections, placing catheters, anesthesia monitoring, and so on.
If you love the work you do in this field, possess a strong work ethic, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to remain calm and efficient in a fast-paced environment, then please send us a cover letter and your resume by email.
Please see below for a brief description of this position:
The veterinary technician is the veterinarian’s primary medical support. They begin the examination procedure and continue to assist the doctor throughout the examination, diagnosis and treatment phases. They aid the veterinarians in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail. They have a very significant role in communicating with and educating clients about their pets.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous On-The-Job Training
• Veterinary Technician Certification (RVT/CVT) desirable
• Minimum one year experience as veterinary technician or assistant desirable but not required.
• Minimum of 18 years old.
• Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed, ill or in pain.
• Remains calm and efficient during a medical crisis.
• Is well-spoken and approaches his/her job duties in a mature nature.
• Is experienced in the teamwork approach and works well with all levels of hospital team members.
• Demonstrates excellent client communication skills.
• Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods of time; frequently works in a bent position.
• Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.