Pet Orphans Vet Clinic is part of Pet Orphans Rescue, we are a non-profit 501C (3) organizations serving all Southern California. We are seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician to join our clinic.
The Veterinary technician is the veterinarian’s primary medical support. They have a very significant role in communicating with and educating clients about their pets. We are interested in a registered technician but will consider 2 + years of experience. Please visit our website at www.petorphans.org for more information about our clinic.
Applicants should be proficient with restraint techniques in different situations and for various procedures, administering medications, vein puncture for blood draws and I V Catheterization, surgical prep, monitoring hospitalized patients, filling Rx’s, fluid therapy, as well as client interaction and education during physical exams and general nursing care. We are open until 4pm on Thursdays and Fridays and 5 pm on Saturday. We are currently closed to the public Sunday – Wednesday.
The Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) is responsible for but not limited to: maintaining veterinary supplies, assessing the health of assigned animals within the facility, maintaining records, ensuring that animals receive the appropriate care, including vaccinations and parasite prevention/treatment.
If you are ready to take on this exiting position and are passionate about animal welfare, we can’t wait to hear from you!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE/HAVE
• High School Graduate or, G.E.D. or equivalent.
• Veterinary Technician program graduate: licensed RVT in California or license eligible.
• At least two (2) years prior experience in a veterinary hospital/ medical field worker or shelter.
• Knowledge of animal behavior a plus.
• Proficient with computer data entry, Avimark and Point of Sales preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate with staff, volunteers, and a diverse public population.
• Well organized and detailed-oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability and willingness to work additional hours when workload requires in order to meet organization and community needs.
• A professional demeanor.
• A proactive nature, who looks to find solutions to problems instead of just reacting to them, or solving them just to resolve an issue.
• Ability to receive constructive feedback and apply both old and newly learned concepts at work.
• Humility to ask questions, learn, and improve.
• Proven ability with being flexible and comfortable with change.
• A team player.
We are looking to hire someone to work 3 days a week to start with potential for growth and the opportunity for medical, dental and vision benefits, along with paid vacation and sick time.