Are you compassionate about animals and have a desire to speak for those who cannot? For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare. If you work well with people too, join our team and help us provide that voice. As a Veterinary Technician, you will provide medical care and treatment for animals.
Education Required: High School or better.
• Associate’s degree in veterinary technology or equivalent experience
• Completion of a veterinary technician internship or comparable experience
• Working knowledge of current veterinary practices
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• High attention to detail
• Certified veterinary technician
• Experience in an animal welfare environment