Our veterinary practice in the West Valley is opening soon and has an immediate need for an experienced Veterinary Assistant to our growing team.
Candidate must be an upbeat, consistent, energetic, efficient, friendly team player. A person who can take direction from doctors and co-workers, as well as work independently. One who communicates well (both verbal and written), maintains professionalism at all times, adjusts to change with a positive attitude, and has a good attendance record. One who uses integrity and good judgment in all situations, both seen and unseen.
– Feeding, weighing, and taking the temperature of animals
– Monitor and care for animals after surgery
– Maintain and sterilize surgical instruments and equipment
– Clean and disinfect cages, kennels, and examining and operating rooms
– Help provide emergency first aid to sick or injured animals
– Give medication or immunizations that veterinarians prescribe
– Do routine laboratory tests, such as taking x-rays
– Feed and bathe animals
– Collect samples such as blood, urine, or tissue for testing
*** Must have experience with ImproMed Software. Bilingual is a plus. ***