This position is located at the Fort Jackson Veterinary Treatment Facility in South Carolina.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.
Conditions of Employment
1. Possess a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, i.e., Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA).
2. Possess an active state license to practice veterinary medicine (may be a valid state license from any US state).
3. Ability to lift 40lbs and endure long periods of standing, restraining, kneeling, reaching and sitting, etc.
Best Qualified Criteria
1. Active United States Department of Agriculture/ Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA/APHIS) accreditation.
2. One year of clinical experience.
Possess a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, i.e., Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA).
Unofficial college/university transcripts may be uploaded for initial qualification screening. Official transcripts must be provided prior to time of hire.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
Note to applicants:
Please read our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
How You Will Be Evaluated
** Qualified Preference-eligible candidates (i.e. Veteran Preference) meeting the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first.
If an additional list is required, Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and meet the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management.
Lastly, if no selection was made off of the previous lists, management may make selections for candidates meeting the minimum qualifications only.**